Environmental, social, Health and Safety (ESHS) Manager/officer
- Salary Offer Attractive
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5
- Date Posted June 6, 2021
- Deadline Date June 18, 2021
Key Roles , Responsibilities and Requirements:
- The company is committed to achieving higher standard by integrating environmental and Social (E&S) considerations throughout its growth strategy with the objective of adhering to Good international industrial practices, and an adequate management system commensurate to tis E&S risks.
- This position requires a self-starter adept in direction ESHS activates establishing management system objectives and targets: internal and external reporting of ESHS performance metrics; communication of national and local regulatory requirements.
- The position is responsible for developing site ISO/OHSAS certifications and assuring closure of audit findings on a timely basis, the successful candidate will develop and deliver training for subordinate ESHS related personnel, manage interfaces with the public and governmental authorities.
- Regularly monitor company’s compliance with investors’ E&S requirements and polices, including the implementations of agreed action plans and relaying finding to E&S sub committees and board (as required
- Implementing E&S management systems, policies and procedures, including the implementation of E&S action plans (where relevant);
- Assessing gaps against investors’ E&S REQUIREMENTS/ Policies and identify opportunities for value addition;
- Qualification and Work Experience:
- Minimum requirements: Master’s degree from an accredited institution in occupational Health and safety (OHS) or Environmental Management (or equivalent fields);
- Knowledge of industry trends and applicable legislation /regulation of the country and the ability to travel to multiple sites, often as short notice;
- At least five years’ work experience in a manufacturing facility in environmental, OHS, Emergency preparedness and Response plan and stakeholder Engagement plan. Experience in management consulting, production supervisor in a similar leadership role in manufacturing constituting an added advantage;
- Proficient in Amharic and English.
Personal Skills ‚ Strong communication skills, including report writing (use of PowerPoint and diagrams to present information in a concise format) and normal communication.
- Effective negotiation skills, including the ability to be persuasive as well as to listen and pragmatically identify when compromise is required.
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to mentor and grow the skills of team members.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and priorities a busy and diverse workload with a
located in Hawassa.
How to Apply
Competent applicants shall submit their CV documents to head office in Addis Ababa, around Gurd Shola, near Century Mall PECAN Building 2nd floor or at Hawassa office within ten working days as of the announcement date of this Newspaper. For further information call 0911019123 or 0911629232
Follow us on Facebook
- Admin/Clerical & Secretarial (32)
- Advertising/Media & Journalism (1)
- Agriculture (15)
- Art & Design (1)
- Automotive, Machinery & Mechanic (88)
- Banking & Insurance (37)
- Business and Administration (49)
- Business Development (26)
- Community & Social Science (13)
- Const. & Architecture (73)
- Consulting (2)
- Customer Service & Support (12)
- Economics (40)
- Education & Training (29)
- Engineering (152)
- Environment & Natural Resource (12)
- Finance & Accounting (112)
- Graduates (71)
- Healthcare (21)
- Hotel & Hospitality (9)
- Human Resource (20)
- IT & Telecom (31)
- Language (5)
- Legal (6)
- Logistics & Transportation (48)
- Maintenance, Skilled Labor & Manufacturing (133)
- Management (213)
- NGO (23)
- Pharmaceutical (9)
- Program & Project Management (17)
- Research & Science (10)
- Sales & Marketing (52)
- Security (3)
- Supply Chain , Procurement & Purchasing (35)
- Travel & Tourism (4)