National Senior Finance Manager
- Salary Offer As per Company Scale
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Date Posted September 17, 2023
- Deadline Date October 4, 2023
The National Senior Finance Manager provides leadership and management of the finance team, financial advice to the country director, responsible for fiscal management, financial reporting, and overall strategic support to the country office. The Senior Finance Manager is also responsible for leading the finance team and ensuring fund management through accurate budgeting, recording expenditures, timely Government/donor reporting, reviewing, and processing payments, and backup for processing cash and accounts payable as well as expeditious implementation of Ipas programs. This role includes managing, auditing and supervising finance and accounting staff in the Country office. This position will collaborate with global finance, human resources, operations, and the program units for all matters related to accounting, reporting, auditing, and compliance. The Senior Finance Manager is responsible and accountable for accurate financial data records as well as financial system training of the Ipas Ethiopia staff. The Senior Finance Manager is a member of Ipas Ethiopia Senior Management Team.
Duties and responsibilities
Organizational Leadership and Strategy:
- Provides financial leadership to the Country Director and other members of the Senior Management Team by offering strategic financial management advice and technical expertise required for the smooth operations of Ipas Ethiopia program.
- Leads the development and regular updating of the finance department’s strategy and Finance manual aligned with the country strategic plan.
- Responsible for the results-oriented performance of the Ethiopia finance team.
Financial and Risk Management:
- Leads in developing, updating, and disseminating Ipas country level financial manual that includes financial policies, procedures, and standards.
- Leads regular, high-level reviews of financial status and spending across the country office, identifying opportunities for increased cost efficiency and leading efforts to resolve problems.
- Leads risk mitigation planning for the country office in close collaboration with stakeholders; Ensures internal control and risk mitigation systems are in place and functional.
- Leads and Ensures country level compliance with Ipas financial policies, procedures, and standards (e.g., Minimum Standards, Authority matrix) as well as with donor contractual requirements.
Program, technical, or functional content of the job:
- Finalizes or reviews all financial reports and deliverables in a timely manner (e.g., monthly financial reports, inventory reports)
- Leads the coordination of local audits; reviews and streamlines audit reports for submission to Government of Ethiopia and Ipas Consolidating office.
- Collaborates with country office internal stakeholders, donors, government agencies, and Ipas Network offices, to share best practices, ensure compliance, and the successful use of the ERP system
- Reviews and regularly updates finance policy and procedures to ensure effective and enabling financial controls are in place and are in tune with Ipas Network financial procedures and global best practices; Ensures strong internal controls are in place and effective to ensure Ipas assets are safeguarded from financial loss.
- Reviews and approves financial data & fiscal compliance to donors and /or other stakeholders.
- Contributes to project design and proposal development in relevant areas, such as budgeting, internal controls, contract compliance and stewardship of funding.
- Manages the processes of financial forecasting and budgeting such as the Annual Operating Budget (AOB)
- Ensure statutory, legal and other relevant compliance are respected.
Communications & representation:
- Reviews and shares learning and results within the Ipas network
- Leads in protecting the Ipas reputation (e.g., good stewardship of funding)
- Builds and maintains strong external relationships and partnerships in relevant areas (Finance, Audit)
- Effectively and clearly communicates potential risks in a timely manner to the Country Director and other members of the Senior Management Team of Ipas Ethiopia.
- Participates in Ipas Network initiatives, as possible, to represent Ethiopia and the Finance team.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams; create a positive work environment, including through supportive supervision, nonhierarchical leadership approaches, maintaining flexibility, prioritizing competing deadlines and modeling the Ipas core values.
- A deep commitment to sexual and reproductive health and rights, especially abortion and contraception access.
- Demonstrated capacity and commitment to good stewardship of funds, including strong skills in work planning, budgeting, financial monitoring, and data-driven problem solving.
- Proven ability to build positive working relationships with diverse internal teams and external partners.
Key skills and qualifications
- A qualified finance professional with Master’s degree in accounting, management or other related fields, experience with Excel and an ERP system
- A minimum of 15 years progressive experience in financial management and leadership role and experience in working with international non-governmental organizations
- Innovative/creative, team builder, communicator and excellent team player
- Interested, capable and willing to travel to project sites and provide support and technical guidance as deemed necessary.
- Proven ability in managing and leading diverse staffs and partners
- Facilitation and training experience
- High integrity and attention to details
Fluency in spoken and written English
How To Apply
Note: Female applicants are highly encouraged!
Ipas management reserves the right to modify the contents of this position description at any time. Ipas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send CV and application within 15 days from the day of announcement to the following address or hand-deliver to our office:
Micky Leland Street (22 Mazoria)
Behind Yeshi Buna
Tel: 011 663 3379/ 011 662 6311
P.O. Box 63001 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
N.B. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
NGO Jobs in ethiopia Insurance Jobs In Ethiopia Construction Jobs In Ethiopia bank trainee jobs civil engineer jobs
Health care jobs in Ethiopia banking jobs for fresh graduates zero year jobs in ethiopia civil engineer jobs
education jobs in ethiopia marketing jobs in Ethiopia as well as Health care jobs in Ethiopia banking jobs for fresh graduates zero year jobs in ethiopia bank trainee jobs civil engineer jobs ngo jobs in ethiopia ethiojobs vacancy 2022 ethiojobs health care
Bank Trainee Jobs in Ethiopia and education jobs in Ethiopia zero year vacancy Jobs in Addis Ababa
civil engineer jobs Bank Trainee Jobs in Ethiopia as well as education jobs in ethiopia marketing jobs in Ethiopia banking jobs for fresh graduates zero year jobs in ethiopia zero year vacancy civil engineer jobs ngo jobs in ethiopia ethiojobs vacancy 2022 ethiojobs health care
civil engineering Jobs In Ethiopia bank Jobs In Ethiopia Agriculture Jobs In Ethiopia legal jobs in ethiopia ethiojobs health care
Bank Trainee Jobs in Ethiopia so as education jobs in ethiopia banking jobs for fresh graduates legal jobs in ethiopia bank trainee jobs
ACCOUNTING Jobs In Ethiopia FINANCE Jobs In Ethiopia Engineering Jobs In Ethiopia ethiojobs vacancy 2022
Ethiopian Reporter Vacancy NGO jobs in ethiopia Agriculture Jobs In Ethiopia
Insurance Jobs In Ethiopia Health Care Jobs In Ethiopia marketing jobs in Ethiopia
ACCOUNTING Jobs In Ethiopia accounting and finance jobs in ethiopia
Engineering Jobs In Ethiopia bank Jobs In Ethiopia Bank Trainee Jobs in Ethiopia
Although Job Vacancy net and still wrapped in a fraying curtain of sleep, ethiojobs vacancy knew he was in trouble here. Two words surfaced in his mind: home ethio jobs. IT Jobs In Ethiopia He looked up at the trio that had materialized in his bedroom, his old Ethiopian reporter popular site aching (there was going to be a huge bruise on the right side, thanks to the blood thinners he took), his Ethiopian reporter popular site with its perilously thin walls banging against the left side of his ethio jobs vacancy jobs in ethiopia.
They loomed over him, three men with gloves on their hands, wearing plaid fall jackets below those terrifying ethio vacancy in ethiopia. Home invaders, and here he was, five miles from town. Agricultural Jobs In Ethiopia zero year jobs in ethiopia civil engineer jobs ngo jobs in ethiopia
ethiojobs vacancy gathered his thoughts as best he could, banishing sleep and telling himself there was one good thing about this situation: if they didn’t want him to see their faces, they jobs in ethiopia to leave him alive. IT Jobs In Ethiopia
Maybe. Ethiopian Reporter jobs in ethiopia jobs in addis ababa ethiojobs health care
“ethiojobs vacancy,” he said. Mr. Yellow laughed and gave him a thumbs-up. “Good start, genius.” Ethiojobs vacancy nodded, as if at a compliment. He glanced at the bedside clock, saw it was quarter past two in the morning, then looked back at Mr. Ethiopian reporter, who might be the leader. civil engineering Jobs In Ethiopia FINANCE Jobs In Ethiopia
MANAGEMENT Jobs In Ethiopia Ethiopian Reporter NGO Vacancy | NGO Jobs in Ethiopia | Ethiojobs |“I have only a little money, but you’re welcome to it. If you’ll only leave without hurting me.” Agriculture Jobs In Ethiopia bank trainee jobs civil engineer jobs
The wind gusted, rattling ethio jobs vacancy in ethiopia leaves against the west side of the house. Rothstein was aware that the Ethiopian reporter popular site was running for the first time this year. Hadn’t it just been summer? Ethiopian Reporter Jobs NGO jobs in ethiopia | un jobs in ethiopia ethiojobs health care
Insurance Jobs In Ethiopia ACCOUNTING Jobs In Ethiopia FINANCE Jobs In Ethiopia
ACCOUNTING Jobs In Ethiopia FINANCE Jobs In Ethiopia Engineering Jobs In Ethiopia Jobs In Addis Ababa
civil engineering Jobs In Ethiopia bank Jobs In Ethiopia banking Jobs In Ethiopia Construction Jobs In Ethiopia ngo jobs in ethiopia
ethio jobs in ethiopia vacancy breathed slowly and deeply, and his heart quieted a little. He tried to think of Peggy, with her teacup-sized breasts (small but perfect) and her long, smooth legs, but the dream was as gone as Peggy herself, now an old crone living in Paris. On his money. At least Yolande, his second effort at jobs in ethiopia bliss, was dead, thus putting an end to the alimony. zero year vacancy
“Doing better?” Mr. Ethiopian reporter asked, and when Rothstein nodded: “Come on, then.” Job in ethiopia Vacancy | Ethiopian Reporter Jobs – # 1 Popular Job Site zero year vacancy ethiojobs health care
ethiojobs net Ethiopian Reporter Jobs in ethiopia
Ethio jobs allowed himself to be led into the small living room, escorted by Mr. Blue on his left and Mr. Yellow on his right. In his study the rummaging went on. Soon Mr. Ethiopian reporter popular site would open the closet and push back his two jackets and three sweaters, exposing the safe. It was inevitable.
NGO Jobs in ethiopia Insurance Jobs In Ethiopia ACCOUNTING Jobs In Ethiopia ethiojobs health care
FINANCE Jobs In Ethiopia Engineering Jobs In Ethiopia civil engineering Jobs In Ethiopia
- Admin/Clerical & Secretarial (31)
- Advertising/Media & Journalism (6)
- Agriculture (10)
- Art & Design (5)
- Automotive, Machinery & Mechanic (93)
- Banking & Insurance (87)
- Business and Administration (99)
- Business Development (23)
- Community & Social Science (14)
- Const. & Architecture (33)
- Consulting (1)
- Customer Service & Support (11)
- Economics (80)
- Education & Training (15)
- Engineering (107)
- Environment & Natural Resource (6)
- Finance & Accounting (175)
- Graduates (43)
- Healthcare (14)
- Hotel & Hospitality (23)
- Human Resource (18)
- IT & Telecom (47)
- Language (8)
- Legal (14)
- Logistics & Transportation (48)
- Maintenance, Skilled Labor & Manufacturing (112)
- Management (237)
- NGO (6)
- Pharmaceutical (5)
- Program & Project Management (4)
- Research & Science (10)
- Sales & Marketing (95)
- Security (5)
- Supply Chain , Procurement & Purchasing (41)