Chief Executive Officer (For Meba Microfinance Institution Share Company, Under Formation)
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10
- Date Posted November 20, 2023
- Deadline Date November 30, 2023
About the Meba Microfinance Institution S.C.
Meba Microfinance Institution S.C, under Formation, is a microfinance institution registered by the National Bank of Ethiopia (NBE) as a microfinance institution under formation. Meba Microfinance Institution S.C. Under Formation has almost completed its preparation phase and is working towards finalizing the requirements of the NBE to commence a full-fledged operation. The headquarter of Meba MFI will be in Addis Ababa. The objective of Meba MFIs is to enhance the financial inclusion of the communities all over Ethiopia that do not have access to finance and financial services from conventional banks while ensuring a fair profit to its shareholders. Meba MFI currently has more than 980 shareholders.
As a new company, Meba Microfinance Institution is looking for a vibrant and competent candidate for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO will have the full support of the Board of Directors of Meba Microfinance Institution S.C.
- Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
- Reports to: Board of Directors of Meba Microfinance Institution SC
- Department/Service: General Manager’s Office
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling the overall operation of the Meba Microfinance Institutions S.C.in line with the directives of the Board of Directors and the relevant laws and directives governing microfinance institutions in Ethiopia.
As a chief executive Officer of the Institution, he/she is responsible for the efficient and cost-effective operation of all the microfinance institution functions of the Institution and the fulfillment of its objectives. He/she reviews the policies and plans of the Institution and ensures conformance with its overall objectives and legal requirements. The CEO is responsible for implementing high standards of performance and innovative operational systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Overall Management and Governance
- Manage the institution’s day-to-day operations by providing clear leadership and guidance to all departments, including Finance and HR, Operations, IT, planning, procurement, legal, and risk management and report the performance to the board of directors.
- Execute the policy, rules and regulations of the Meba Microfinance Institutions S.C. and policy decisions of the board of directors.
- Serve as ex officio non-voting member of the Board of Directors
- Cultivate a culture of cooperation and high-performance
- Drive organizational performance, both quantitative and qualitative; achieve business plan targets
- Uphold standards of risk management at all levels and ensure effective supervisory control and management review
- Sustain the institution’s social mission and its dedication to financial inclusion
Management of overall portfolio growth
- Participates in evaluating, approving, or rejecting loans according to the level of his/her discretion
- Ensure saving deposits and withdrawals in accordance with the policies of the Meba Microfinance Institutions S.C.
- Focus on key initiatives of diversification of the service ranges to serve better the core and new segments of reaching customers, new products, and introduction of services
Strategic Planning and Business Development
- Develop annual, longer-term plans and budgets by incorporating input from the different departments and get approval from the Board of Directors
- Determine financial and operational performance targets for all critical operating units
- Deliver profitability, business, and market share growth strategies of the institution.
- Oversee the implementation of budgets and strategic plans, including oversight of fundraising
- Lead the MFI’s expansion into new geographic areas in the country as well.
Human Resource and Talent Development
- Recruits staff under his/her discretion level.
- Introduce an effective and competent participatory management style
- Set employee performance standards required to achieve short and long-term objectives and goals
- Develop a solid and effective senior management team
- Motivate all staff and ensure that staff are dedicated to achieving given objectives
- Mentor and coach Senior Management Team
- Implement a performance management system for the senior management team
- Oversee and support the development and implementation of effective HR policies and procedures for recruitment, training and talent development
- Motivate all staff and ensure that staff is dedicated to the mission of the MFI
Communications and External Stakeholder Relations
- Inspires staff to achieve high standards of performance and disseminates a culture based on ethics, excellence, and client satisfaction
- Build the MFI’s reputation as a company committed to excellent client services, both internally and externally
- Maintain solid relations with shareholders and external parties, including the MMSE, the Government, investors, development partners, and other business partners
- Ensure quality information flow to investors, regulators and other stakeholders as relevant.
- Ensures alignment of the staff & the organization to set the company’s vision, mission, and values.
Financial and Risk management
- Ensure solid operating and financial performance
- Deliver the level of financial and operational performances as expected while keeping risks under control
- Oversees risk management and ensure compliance with all legal requirements that affect the institution’s business,
- Identify various risks like financial, liquidity, credit, operation, technological, marketing risks and the like, and identify the risk gaps and propose recommendations.
- Ensures installment of financial accounting system, implementation, and production of periodic financial statements.
- Controls and follows up cash collection, handling, and disbursements against set standards and norms.
- Designs and develops proposals and program budgets for fund acquisition, capacity-building grants, and resource mobilization.
- Provide clear leadership and direction
- Develop proposals for further improvement of operation, including concepts for new products and services
- Ensure that the organization’s finance has been appropriately utilized to carry out major functions
- Manage, plan, organize, direct and control all the activities of an organization such as logistics, procurement, warehouse, property administration and the like.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities of the institution
- Undertakes periodical monitoring, follow-up and control of branch-level operation against targets, quality standards, and operational plan and ensures progress according to the business plan.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations
Community and Public Relations
- Serve as a Key Point of Contact with the community, also represents in community events, serves as a symbolic person, and promotes Meba Microfinance Institutions S.C..
- Build and maintain strong relationships with consumers, community, employees, and public interest groups.
- Responsible for Studying the organization’s objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
- Facilitates and enters into an agreement with concerned organizations, liaisons and networks with other microfinancing institutions, government bodies, and national and international affiliated entities.
- Ensuring that the web contents are updated and well maintained
- Ensure that the relevant proclamations, regulations, and directives on microfinance institutions are complied with
- Ensure that tax and other laws applicable to the Meba microfinance institutions are adhered to.
- Facilitates the submission of auditing reports, periodic program evaluations, and impact assessment reports.
- Prepares and submits periodic performance and financial reports for the Board of Directors and other relevant stakeholders.
- Undertake any other duties entrusted to him/her by the Board of Directors and the Board Chairperson.
- Conducts periodic management meetings to review performances and take timely coordinated action.
- Hold a minimum of first degree from a recognized higher learning institution in BA/MBA/MA/MSc. in Accounting, Economics, Management, or related fields.
- 12/10 years of relevant experience, out of which six years in a managerial position, reporting to the CEO or the board of financial institutions.
- Excellent understanding of innovative systems and IT infrastructures in managing MFIs.
- Clear understanding and experience of micro-finance industry and retail banking.
- Demonstrated experience leading and building cohesive, high-performing teams.
- Integrity (as defined as per the NBE Directive No MFI/21/2012)
- Financially sound as per the NBE Directive No MFI/21/2012
- Advanced knowledge of retail banking operations, products, and services, as well as knowledge of standard baking compliance regulations, banking law, business law, employment and labor law, internal operational policies and procedures
- Strong technical skills in project management software.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- The ability to think strategically and solve problems.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to manage risk and make sound decisions.
- Experience in leading an extended multi-branch network.
- Capability and willingness to lead the organization forward.
- Ability to delegate effectively amongst teams and show commitment to the long-term development of the management team through coaching and mentoring
- Self-directed, flexible and creative
- Commitment to the institution’s social mission and corporate values
- Proficient in basic applicable software
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a soft copy of their C.V., a scanned copy of testimonials, and an application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy in the email address.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for.
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job.
Please include at least 3 references from current and former supervisors.
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
NGO Jobs in ethiopia Insurance Jobs In Ethiopia Construction Jobs In Ethiopia bank trainee jobs civil engineer jobs
Health care jobs in Ethiopia banking jobs for fresh graduates zero year jobs in ethiopia civil engineer jobs
education jobs in ethiopia marketing jobs in Ethiopia as well as Health care jobs in Ethiopia banking jobs for fresh graduates zero year jobs in ethiopia bank trainee jobs civil engineer jobs ngo jobs in ethiopia ethiojobs vacancy 2022 ethiojobs health care
Bank Trainee Jobs in Ethiopia and education jobs in Ethiopia zero year vacancy Jobs in Addis Ababa
civil engineer jobs Bank Trainee Jobs in Ethiopia as well as education jobs in ethiopia marketing jobs in Ethiopia banking jobs for fresh graduates zero year jobs in ethiopia zero year vacancy civil engineer jobs ngo jobs in ethiopia ethiojobs vacancy 2022 ethiojobs health care
civil engineering Jobs In Ethiopia bank Jobs In Ethiopia Agriculture Jobs In Ethiopia legal jobs in ethiopia ethiojobs health care
Bank Trainee Jobs in Ethiopia so as education jobs in ethiopia banking jobs for fresh graduates legal jobs in ethiopia bank trainee jobs
ACCOUNTING Jobs In Ethiopia FINANCE Jobs In Ethiopia Engineering Jobs In Ethiopia ethiojobs vacancy 2022
Ethiopian Reporter Vacancy NGO jobs in ethiopia Agriculture Jobs In Ethiopia
Insurance Jobs In Ethiopia Health Care Jobs In Ethiopia marketing jobs in Ethiopia
ACCOUNTING Jobs In Ethiopia accounting and finance jobs in ethiopia
Engineering Jobs In Ethiopia bank Jobs In Ethiopia Bank Trainee Jobs in Ethiopia
Although Job Vacancy net and still wrapped in a fraying curtain of sleep, ethiojobs vacancy knew he was in trouble here. Two words surfaced in his mind: home ethio jobs. IT Jobs In Ethiopia He looked up at the trio that had materialized in his bedroom, his old Ethiopian reporter popular site aching (there was going to be a huge bruise on the right side, thanks to the blood thinners he took), his Ethiopian reporter popular site with its perilously thin walls banging against the left side of his ethio jobs vacancy jobs in ethiopia.
They loomed over him, three men with gloves on their hands, wearing plaid fall jackets below those terrifying ethio vacancy in ethiopia. Home invaders, and here he was, five miles from town. Agricultural Jobs In Ethiopia zero year jobs in ethiopia civil engineer jobs ngo jobs in ethiopia
ethiojobs vacancy gathered his thoughts as best he could, banishing sleep and telling himself there was one good thing about this situation: if they didn’t want him to see their faces, they jobs in ethiopia to leave him alive. IT Jobs In Ethiopia
Maybe. Ethiopian Reporter jobs in ethiopia jobs in addis ababa ethiojobs health care
“ethiojobs vacancy,” he said. Mr. Yellow laughed and gave him a thumbs-up. “Good start, genius.” Ethiojobs vacancy nodded, as if at a compliment. He glanced at the bedside clock, saw it was quarter past two in the morning, then looked back at Mr. Ethiopian reporter, who might be the leader. civil engineering Jobs In Ethiopia FINANCE Jobs In Ethiopia
MANAGEMENT Jobs In Ethiopia Ethiopian Reporter NGO Vacancy | NGO Jobs in Ethiopia | Ethiojobs |“I have only a little money, but you’re welcome to it. If you’ll only leave without hurting me.” Agriculture Jobs In Ethiopia bank trainee jobs civil engineer jobs
The wind gusted, rattling ethio jobs vacancy in ethiopia leaves against the west side of the house. Rothstein was aware that the Ethiopian reporter popular site was running for the first time this year. Hadn’t it just been summer? Ethiopian Reporter Jobs NGO jobs in ethiopia | un jobs in ethiopia ethiojobs health care
Insurance Jobs In Ethiopia ACCOUNTING Jobs In Ethiopia FINANCE Jobs In Ethiopia
ACCOUNTING Jobs In Ethiopia FINANCE Jobs In Ethiopia Engineering Jobs In Ethiopia Jobs In Addis Ababa
civil engineering Jobs In Ethiopia bank Jobs In Ethiopia banking Jobs In Ethiopia Construction Jobs In Ethiopia ngo jobs in ethiopia
ethio jobs in ethiopia vacancy breathed slowly and deeply, and his heart quieted a little. He tried to think of Peggy, with her teacup-sized breasts (small but perfect) and her long, smooth legs, but the dream was as gone as Peggy herself, now an old crone living in Paris. On his money. At least Yolande, his second effort at jobs in ethiopia bliss, was dead, thus putting an end to the alimony. zero year vacancy
“Doing better?” Mr. Ethiopian reporter asked, and when Rothstein nodded: “Come on, then.” Job in ethiopia Vacancy | Ethiopian Reporter Jobs – # 1 Popular Job Site zero year vacancy ethiojobs health care
ethiojobs net Ethiopian Reporter Jobs in ethiopia
Ethio jobs allowed himself to be led into the small living room, escorted by Mr. Blue on his left and Mr. Yellow on his right. In his study the rummaging went on. Soon Mr. Ethiopian reporter popular site would open the closet and push back his two jackets and three sweaters, exposing the safe. It was inevitable.
NGO Jobs in ethiopia Insurance Jobs In Ethiopia ACCOUNTING Jobs In Ethiopia ethiojobs health care
FINANCE Jobs In Ethiopia Engineering Jobs In Ethiopia civil engineering Jobs In Ethiopia
- Admin/Clerical & Secretarial (16)
- Advertising/Media & Journalism (2)
- Agriculture (8)
- Art & Design (4)
- Automotive, Machinery & Mechanic (32)
- Banking & Insurance (70)
- Business and Administration (51)
- Business Development (16)
- Community & Social Science (19)
- Const. & Architecture (39)
- Customer Service & Support (6)
- Economics (52)
- Education & Training (14)
- Engineering (75)
- Environment & Natural Resource (8)
- Finance & Accounting (116)
- Graduates (14)
- Healthcare (8)
- Hotel & Hospitality (4)
- Human Resource (17)
- IT & Telecom (19)
- Language (4)
- Legal (9)
- Logistics & Transportation (25)
- Maintenance, Skilled Labor & Manufacturing (54)
- Management (160)
- NGO (3)
- Pharmaceutical (2)
- Program & Project Management (7)
- Research & Science (14)
- Sales & Marketing (52)
- Security (3)
- Supply Chain , Procurement & Purchasing (23)