Expert for Private Sector Cooperation and Labor Market Inclusion 4 applications
- Salary Offer As per Company Scale
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 1
- Date Posted March 22, 2020
- Deadline Date March 28, 2020
The Ethio-German programme on Qualifications and Employment Perspectives for Refugees and Host Communities in Ethiopia (QEP) has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in December 2017. The programme is co-financed by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad). The programme is part of the Germany’s Special Initiative on Displacement and seeks to provide better vocational training and employment prospects for refugees and Ethiopians. The programme supports the Ethiopian government’s efforts to build a strong vocational training system, to creat jobs and to build durable solutions for refugees in line with the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF). Implementation takes place in Addis Ababa, Somali Region, Benishangul-Gumuz, Gambella and Tigray.
QEP works on three output levels and seeks to (1) increase the quality of technical and vocational training (TVET), (2) broaden the opportunities of TVET available to the target groups and (3) foster entrepreneurship and exchange formats for employment. QEP works together with the public TVET system and tries to extent the standards of the Ethiopian TVET system to TVET opportunities available for refugees and host communities.
In 2020, the programme will emphasize on building even stronger relationships with business stakeholders to accelerate the pilot inclusion of refugees and Ethiopians into waged employment. In this regard, partnerships with companies need to be expanded and strengthened; also, in cooperation with relevant government actors, the regulatory framework for increased inclusion into waged employment need to be developed and ad-hoc workable solutions need to be designed.
- Facilitates solutions with relevant government stakeholders to smoothen regulatory challenges in the field of access to waged employment and designs and implements local ad-hoc solutions
- Strategically contributes to the process of creating a standardized regulatory environment for the inclusion of refugees into waged employment
- Contributes to the development of a new programme component in the field of supporting the implementation of the new Ethiopian refugee proclamation, especially in the field of inclusion of refugees into vocational training and waged employment
- Develops scalable approaches to increase employment for refugees and Ethiopians, anticipating Cash for Work approaches and beyond
- Contributes to knowledge management and monitoring/evaluation, especially when it comes to capturing numbers in the field of employment creation
- Contributes to PR of the programme through bringing up interesting success stories, eg. related to the transition from unemployment to employment
- Researches national and international successful approaches of employment creation (waged- and self-employment), presents them in a coherent manner and adjusts them to the Ethiopian contexts
- Advices the Programme Coordinator in all areas that are related to the labour market and job creation in Ethiopia
- Takes on further tasks in a flexible manner
- Minimum master’s degree in business, Social Sciences, Engineering, or another relevant field
- Excellent network with private sector companies, industries, and businesses in Ethiopia, especially in Addis Ababa, other industrial centres, and ideally also Jijiga, Assosa, Shire and Gambella
- Ideally knowledge of working in companies currently active in one of Ethiopia’s industrial parks
- Excellent knowledge regarding the bottle necks for inclusive employment creation in Ethiopia
- Good knowledge of the Ethiopian vocational training system, potentials for cooperation with companies and current challenges regarding the vocational training system
- Proven work experience in private businesses and industries, especially in the field of manufacturing, textile/garment, construction, automotive or other relevant industrial areas
- Knowledge and ideally experience with Ethiopian government actors in the field of employment creations such as Urban Job Creation Agencies, Industry Bureaus, Labour and Social Affairs Bureaus, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and ideally experience in and with relevant government stakeholders in the field of employment creation on a political level, such as Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Ministry of Industries, etc.
- Experience in organising and steering complex processes that involve a variety of stakeholders and require a high degree of coordination
- Ideally knowledge regarding actors and relevant policies in the field of refugee affairs and refugee inclusion in Ethiopia (eg. new Ethiopian refugee proclamation, CRRF)
- Experiences in designing and conducting job creation measures
- Experience in cooperating with or working in Ethiopian government offices, agencies, NGOs and ideally international organisations
- Flexibility and preparedness to perform a changing array of duties according to the needs of the programme
- Preparedness to work with a high amount of time and output pressure
Place of Work:Addis Ababa
How to Apply
Application deadline: March 28, 2020
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: [email protected]
Note: – Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Expert for Private Sector Cooperation and Labour Market Inclusion #067/2020’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
1,824 total views, 6 views today
- This job has expired!
- Admin/Clerical & Secretarial (4)
- Advertising/Media & Journalism (1)
- Agriculture (2)
- Art & Design (1)
- Automotive, Machinery & Mechanic (50)
- Banking (6)
- Business and Administration (42)
- Business Devlopment (1)
- Community & Social Science (10)
- Const. & Architecture (50)
- Consulting (2)
- Customer Service & Support (6)
- Economics (34)
- Education & Tranning (1)
- Engineering (95)
- Finance & Accounting (43)
- Graduates (10)
- Healthcare (4)
- Hotel & Hospitality (6)
- Human Resource (12)
- IT & Telecom (10)
- Legal (4)
- Logistics& Transportation (21)
- Maintenance, Skilled Labor & Manufacturing (47)
- Management (71)
- NGO (11)
- Program & Project Management (10)
- Research & Science (5)
- Sales & Marketing (20)
- Security (2)
- Supply Chain , Procurement & Purchasing (9)