- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5
- Date Posted May 10, 2020
- Deadline Date May 23, 2020
The Communication Director will work closely with the Management team and Program leads to provide communication support across CIRHT’s work. S/he will play a key role in ensuring the organization’s communications are both influential and informative for the full range of stakeholders.
- Help maintain and build the reputation of the CIRHT program to the public
- Help develop and manage CIRHT websites, and social media platforms
- Develop a Communication strategy to convey consistent quality messages across the full spectrum of CIRHT’s materials and channels
- Manage, update, and write content on the work of CIRHT on the website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and so on).
- Responsible for follow-up and recording of events related to CIRHT’s activities
- Compile and circulate electronic monthly update to all staff and the public at large
- Compile and send a quarterly organizational newsletter
- Plan and create multimedia communications materials
- Responsible for drafting and producing information packets (press kits, briefing papers, fact sheets, etc.) on CIRHT’s activities in Ethiopia and outside
- Ensure the creative content and production quality of communication materials are consistent with CIRHT’s values, policies, objectives, and organizational identity.
- Maintain and manage resource center for staff and other stakeholders, and regularly follow up its functionality.
- Responsible for media relations and issuing of information packets for all public relations activities
- Lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of specific communications campaigns to appropriate audiences
- Provide proactive recommendations as to appropriate advocacy messaging;
- Provide leadership in putting forth ideas, recommendations, and information monitoring
- Gather information/input from stakeholders, employees or other sources
- Provide technical advice and support to different program units in the production of programmatic visibility works and PR-related activities
- Oversee and guide the preparation of speeches, briefing notes, and presentations for the management team as required
- Provide high-level, accurate, timely, and strategic communication and public relations advice and support to the management team and staff in relation to CIRHT’s initiatives, campaigns, and services.
- Manage relevant external suppliers and contractors
- Represent Council on an as-needs basis for conferences, presentations, meetings, and related events
- Carry out other relevant activities assigned by the office
- EDUCATION – A bachelor degree in Journalism, Media and Communications or Equivalent experience in Media and Communications work. Advanced university degree is preferable.
- WORK EXPERIENCE – A minimum of Five years of work experience. Preferably in Public Health communications work.
- LANGUAGES – Fluency in oral and written English is required; knowledge of other local and international language is an
Professionalism: Knowledge and understanding communication and related concepts and approaches, organizational resilience, and business continuity planning. Ability to identify, analyze, and participate in the resolution of issues. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan work, and manage conflicting priorities. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Ability to self-start and automate work, delivering results without major supervision.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs within the prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
DUTY STATION: Addis Ababa, with frequent travel to the field
How to Apply
POSTING PERIOD: 10 May 2020 – 23 May 2020
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit only updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications on [email protected].
ASSESSMENT – Qualified applicants will be evaluated through a competency-based interview and/or other assessment methods.
- This job has expired!
Addis Ababa Chamber of Commerce and Sectoral Associations (AACCSA) Addis Ababa Chamber of Commerce and Sectoral Associations (AACCSA) Contract Addis Ababa Chamber of Commerce and Sectoral Associations (AACCSA) Addis Ababa Addis Ababa Address: Mexico Square, Chamber Building, 1st Floor Room No 10 Experience Level: Senior
Follow us on Facebook
- Admin/Clerical & Secretarial (12)
- Advertising/Media & Journalism (2)
- Agriculture (9)
- Automotive, Machinery & Mechanic (24)
- Banking (5)
- Business and Administration (18)
- Community & Social Science (5)
- Const. & Architecture (5)
- Consulting (2)
- Customer Service & Support (3)
- Economics (12)
- Engineering (34)
- Finance & Accounting (36)
- Graduates (5)
- Healthcare (4)
- Human Resource (12)
- Insurance (6)
- IT & Telecom (7)
- Legal (5)
- Logistics & Transportation (8)
- Maintenance, Skilled Labor & Manufacturing (23)
- Management (70)
- NGO (16)
- Pharmaceutical (2)
- Program & Project Management (7)
- Sales & Marketing (21)
- Security (1)
- Supply Chain , Procurement & Purchasing (15)