Finance Officer 1 application
- Salary Offer As per Company Scale
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 2
- Date Posted August 10, 2020
- Deadline Date August 20, 2020
Norwegian Church Aid is a non-profit organization working in 30 countries worldwide to eradicate poverty. In Ethiopia, Norwegian Church Aid has been operating since 1974, engaged in short term emergency response and long-term development programs.
Our intervention in Ethiopia focuses on Climate Resilience, Reproductive Health, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene, as well as Humanitarian Emergency Response. NCA/E operate in six regions: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Somali, Gambella, Southern Nations Nationalities and People’s State and at the Federal level.
To achieve our development goals, we work with faith based and non-faith-based actors which have demonstrated strong grassroots reach and influence in the society.
Norwegian Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance, a coalition of organizations working together in over 140 countries to create positive and sustainable change in people’s lives.
NCA/E would like to invite interested and qualified applicants for Accounts Assistant / Storekeeper position to be stationed at Gambella.
Accounts Assistant/ Storekeeper will handle the proper materials management in the NCA/Gambella store ensuring all the program activities are provided with the necessary items in a timely manner. In addition, she will be responsible in handling all the petty cash and management of miscellaneous payments based on NCA rules and procedures.
The position requires a highly trusted and loyal individual with strong personal integrity and commitment keeping all the resources responsibly. Prior experience in INGOs platform and in emergency sites is a plus. The person to be employed need to accept the Code of Conduct of ACT Alliance.
- BA degree in Accounting or Management or Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- Minimum of 2 years’ related experience, preferably INGO in emergency sites
- Able to communicate in English
- Knowledge of local language is a plus
- 25 to 30 years of age
- Able to present guarantee letter/document (Employee guarantee letter, house guaranty or other equivalent collaterals)
- Ensure all the required stock is available in adequate amount
- Issue requested materials based on an approved request.
- Keep necessary stock management records like requests, SIV, GRN, issue vouchers, fixed asset register etc.
- Display and organize items in safe and loss preventive way; dust, clean and restock shelves as required
- Check the minimum ordering quantity and make re-order for adequate stock.
- Ensure periodic asset count and physical inventory of store items and keep standard records
- Confirm the eligibility of goods received
- Keep the petty cash and handle its proper documentation
- cheque payment preparation (handle the custody of the cheque pad itself)
- Effect different payments on events
- process both petty cash and Cheque disbursement activities by using organization standard templets bank voucher and petty cash voucher
- Ensuring that that valid supplier invoices and other document obtained for every disbursement
- Stamp all petty cash and bank payments with paid stamp
- Keep all the payment vouchers in a safe manner
- Ensure that all documents are reviewed and approved before preparing payments.
- Assist the Regional Finance & Admin Coordinator on the financial documentation tasks
- Work in close collaboration with Finance Officer at Gambella and CO in Addis Ababa
Required number: 1 (one)
Reporting to: Regional Finance & Admin Coordinator, Gambella Field Office
Duty Station: Gambella
Length of Contract: Up to December 2020 with possibility of extension based on Performance and availability of funds
Salary: As per the organizations’ scale
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to send their non-returnable application, CV and other supportive documents via [email protected]
- Posting Date 12th August 2020.
- Closing date 20th August 2020.
- Enquiry by phone is not accepted.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted via telephone.
- Please indicate the job title you are applying for on the top of the envelope.
- NCA is an equal opportunity organization.
- Qualified women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
- This job has expired!
Follow us on Facebook
- Admin/Clerical & Secretarial (86)
- Advertising/Media & Journalism (12)
- Agriculture (13)
- Art & Design (4)
- Automotive, Machinery & Mechanic (203)
- Banking & Insurance (76)
- Business and Administration (73)
- Business Development (7)
- Community & Social Science (41)
- Const. & Architecture (149)
- Consulting (3)
- Customer Service & Support (23)
- Economics (78)
- Education & Training (20)
- Engineering (358)
- Environment & Natural Resource (1)
- Finance & Accounting (190)
- Graduates (62)
- Healthcare (36)
- Hotel & Hospitality (7)
- Human Resource (39)
- IT & Telecom (50)
- Language (5)
- Legal (14)
- Logistics & Transportation (52)
- Maintenance, Skilled Labor & Manufacturing (230)
- Management (331)
- NGO (29)
- Pharmaceutical (2)
- Program & Project Management (37)
- Research & Science (41)
- Sales & Marketing (80)
- Security (7)
- Supply Chain , Procurement & Purchasing (80)