Ethiopian Islamic Affairs Ethiopian Islamic Affairs Contract Ethiopian Islamic Affairs Addis Ababa Addis Ababa Address: የኢትዮጵያ እስልምና ጉዳዮች ጠቅላይ ምክር ቤት ጦር ሀይሎች ከሆላንድ ኤምባሲ ዝቅ ብሎ በሚገኘው ዋና መስሪያ ቤት ውስጥ በሚገኘው የሞጣ ሙስሊሞች መልሶ ማቋቋምና ልማት ኘሮጀክት ጽ/ቤት Experience Level: Senior
- Salary Offer As per Company Scale
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 6
- Date Posted October 18, 2020
- Deadline Date October 30, 2020
Objective of the assignment
The objective of this assignment is:
- To support the Ministry of Transport to prepare Railway safety & regulation laws, manuals, and other related documents, on the basis of the deliverables presented by the Railway Safety Individual Consultant.
- To translate in to Amharic texts of laws and regulations drafted in English language, in order to achieve the needed linguistic accuracy.
Scope of work
The scope of the service shall include all the activities necessary to achieve the objectives described in Section 2 above.
The local expert qualified in national laws and regulations shall carry out but not limited to the following tasks:
- Understand the mandate given to the Railway Safety and Regulatory Body by reviewing the Railway Transport Administration Proclamation No. 1048/2017 of Ethiopia and interviewing the Railway Safety Individual consultant and the competent Bureau Head of MOT.
- Draft in English and translate in to Amharic all necessary directives, regulations and procedures to be adopted by the Railway Safety and Regulatory Body/Department which are required to perform its mandate, on the basis of the deliverables presented by the Railway Safety Individual Consultant.
- Draft in English and translate to Amharic all necessary internal procedures to be adopted by the different Divisions to make them operative, on the basis of the deliverables presented by the Railway Safety Individual Consultant;
- Share and verify with PIU, Railway infrastructure, transport and safety regulatory directorate and collaborators the ongoing activities and deliverable drafts;
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of LLB, LLM or PHD in law and years of experiences 10/8/6 years respectively
- Written and spoken proficiency in English and Amharic language, General Professional Experience
- 10/8/6 years of overall experience out of which 2 years of proven experience in law drafting according to the Ethiopian legislation.
- To have served as Official in a National Railway Organization or in any FDRE Ministry with law drafting experience, is a preference element;
- Knowledge of the railway sector issues in Ethiopia is an advantage
Location: Based in Addis Ababa with very few travel to regions and cities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send their applications with non-returnable CV and copies of relevant documents though the address below.
Applicants may request further information from the address below during office hours: 8:30a.m -12:00am and 1:30p.m -5:00p.m from Monday to Thursday, and 8:30a.m. -11:30a.m and 1:30p.m -5:00p.m on Friday.
Applications must be delivered to the address below not later than October 30, 2020; 5:00P.M.
Ministry of Transport
E-mail:[email protected] for any clarification you can contact by the telephone number
Tel:-251-912 16 11 48 , only in working hours
Physical Address: Human Resources Directorate, 4th Floor, Opposite to National Post Office,
P.O. Box: 1238, Churchill Street, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- This job has expired!
Follow us on Facebook
- Admin/Clerical & Secretarial (23)
- Advertising/Media & Journalism (5)
- Agriculture (4)
- Art & Design (1)
- Automotive, Machinery & Mechanic (57)
- Banking & Insurance (40)
- Business and Administration (51)
- Business Development (4)
- Community & Social Science (9)
- Const. & Architecture (45)
- Customer Service & Support (12)
- Economics (46)
- Education & Training (12)
- Engineering (92)
- Environment & Natural Resource (2)
- Finance & Accounting (118)
- Graduates (26)
- Healthcare (17)
- Hotel & Hospitality (18)
- Human Resource (19)
- IT & Telecom (18)
- Language (3)
- Legal (5)
- Logistics & Transportation (22)
- Maintenance, Skilled Labor & Manufacturing (90)
- Management (139)
- NGO (11)
- Pharmaceutical (7)
- Program & Project Management (8)
- Research & Science (7)
- Sales & Marketing (53)
- Security (6)
- Supply Chain , Procurement & Purchasing (26)
- Travel & Tourism (1)