PPME Officer 2 applications
- Salary Offer As per Company Scale
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5
- Date Posted October 16, 2020
- Deadline Date October 30, 2020
Under supervision of and accountable to the EWNRA SWE Office Coordinator the PPM&E Officer is responsible, independently and/or with other staff members for monitoring and evaluation of projects under implementation in South West Ethiopia by EWNRA in Oromia, SNNPRs and Gambella Regional States. This will focus on project activities, project impact, the environmental consequences of the projects and the socio-economic situation of the local community. The PPME Officer will also liaise and coordinate his/her work with the project team as well as with government staff in the appropriate Agriculture Offices. He/she will work in the field with all Projects’ Woreda Project Officers and the government’s Development Agents.
Demonstrated competencies in own subject matter area specialization, effective report writing skill, superior language and composition skills in executing the job assignments are the ideal requirements of the job. Reasonable multiple tasks assignments, meeting deadlines, working for extended hours are the prominent features of the job that the prospective candidate would understand in advance and should able to endure in applying for the job.
Qualifications and Experience
In view of the stated job requirements, the potential candidate for the post should have MSc/MA degree from recognized Universities/Colleges in Forestry, Natural Resources Economics, Agricultural Economics, Rural Livelihoods and Development (with background in Agriculture), NRM and Rural Development or combination of these and other closely related fields. Besides, s/he should have at least 5 years of demonstrable work experience in areas of Integrated Rural Development (IRD), Integrated Environmental/ Watershed Management, Forest Management, Livelihoods and Food Security. NGO experience is an advantage.
- Competency in computer applications of MS Offices packages is required.
- Application of software such as SPSS, STATA, GIS has additional value, but not mandatory
- Superior command of written and spoken skills in English is mandatory.
- Cooperative, team player, gender sensitive and excellent in interpersonal relationships.
- Have a strong commitment and open to learn and share.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Salary: -As per the organization scale but attractive
Terms of employment:- Initially for five months. But with additional five years contract based on successful performance
Work Location: – Metu with extensive travel within Zones, Woredas and Kebeles where the organization is intervening in the three adjoining rejoins Oromia, SNNPRs and Gambella
Closing date: 10 days after this announcement and only short listed applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply
Application can be sent to EWNRA in the following address. All supporting documents have to be posted and only CVs should be sent in digital form through the email address.
Email: [email protected]
Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources Association
P.O. Box 1518 code 1110
- This job has expired!
Follow us on Facebook
- Admin/Clerical & Secretarial (23)
- Advertising/Media & Journalism (5)
- Agriculture (4)
- Art & Design (1)
- Automotive, Machinery & Mechanic (57)
- Banking & Insurance (40)
- Business and Administration (51)
- Business Development (4)
- Community & Social Science (9)
- Const. & Architecture (45)
- Customer Service & Support (12)
- Economics (46)
- Education & Training (12)
- Engineering (92)
- Environment & Natural Resource (2)
- Finance & Accounting (118)
- Graduates (26)
- Healthcare (17)
- Hotel & Hospitality (18)
- Human Resource (19)
- IT & Telecom (18)
- Language (3)
- Legal (5)
- Logistics & Transportation (22)
- Maintenance, Skilled Labor & Manufacturing (90)
- Management (139)
- NGO (11)
- Pharmaceutical (7)
- Program & Project Management (8)
- Research & Science (7)
- Sales & Marketing (53)
- Security (6)
- Supply Chain , Procurement & Purchasing (26)
- Travel & Tourism (1)