Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA) Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA) Full Time Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA) Addis Ababa Addis Ababa Address: Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA), Akaki Kality Sub City, or Debreziet road, adjacent to the Kality Ring Road round about, in front of Drivers and Mechanics Training Center. Experience Level: Junior
COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER 5 applications
- Salary Offer As per Company Scale
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 2
- Date Posted October 17, 2020
- Deadline Date October 30, 2020
Under the joint guidance of the Senior Director, Development and Communications (Glimmer Austin) and Senior Director, Quality Control & Program Sustainability, the Communications Officer is responsible for helping bring to light the impact to donors through collections of photographs, videos, interviews, and stories, under the guidance of the organization’s monitoring and evaluation team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
1. Understanding Glimmer’s work and helping bring to light the impact to donors through collections of photographs, videos, interviews, and stories.
2. Reporting to the U.S. and Addis offices to coordinate on priorities, scheduling visits to the field and collecting donor deliverables.
3. Keeping the library of photos, videos, interviews and stories updated with new materials that meet objectives of the U.S.-based donor relations team.
4. Communicating effectively with project officers, monitoring and evaluation team, and the leadership team in the Addis office on reporting priorities and deadlines, and schedule.
5. Building trust/relationships with the people in Glimmer’s program areas and identifying interviewees who can tell impactful stories of transformation.
6. Developing an effective system for following up with people to tell stories of impact over months/years.
7. Collecting information and creating impactful stories.
8. Developing new story leads in coordination with U.S. as well as the Addis office.
9. Keeping track of a calendar of deliverables and meeting deadlines consistently.
10. Translating and transcribing interviews into English.
11. Document and report on special events taking place in the office, with partner organizations and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
12. Perform any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
A. Education: BA Degree in Journalism/Videography/Photography/English Language etc…
B. Work Experience: At least 2 years in the area of videography, photography, communication, etc.
C. Required Skills & Attributes:
- Photography & Videography: Skilled in operating a DSLR camera with an understanding of best practices for composition, shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and manual/auto focus.
- Computer & Editing Skills: Experience in managing storage and transfer of photo and video files and typing up notes; basic photo and video editing ability is a plus.
- Writing: Fluent in written English. Experienced in compiling clear, detailed notes and crafting stories. Previous story publication a plus. Must be able to demonstrate writing ability with work samples.
- Interviewing: Strong, gender-sensitive interviewing skills. Building trust, creating a connection with respect and asking the right questions to get a deeper understanding. Fluent in spoken English; fluency in Amharic (Tigrinya and/or Oromo a plus).
- Communication: Ability to ask questions, follow instructions, accept and incorporate feedback, and proactively suggest ideas and solutions. Ability to respond in a timely manner.
- Organization: Ability to manage tasks, meet all deadlines and complete required assignments with the necessary materials.
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO : Director, Quality Control & Program Sustainability
FUNCTIONALLY REPORTS TO : Senior Director, Development and Communications (Glimmer Austin)
DUTY STATION : Addis Ababa, with frequent field travels to remote project areas
Term of Employment: Fixed term (Two years – renewable based on performance and availability of funds) for both positions
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send their application to the Finance and Administration Department within 10 consecutive days via:
• E-mail: [email protected]
• P.o.Box: 1448 code 1110
• Application Package:
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– One-page summary of experience (positions held), qualification & Training;
– Application cover page
– Copy of credentials
Applicants for the post of Communication Officer, shall submit a portfolio of work samples (we will only consider applications that provide work samples as part of the package)
Please kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process
- This job has expired!
Support for Sustainable Development (SSD) Support for Sustainable Development (SSD) Full Time Support for Sustainable Development (SSD) Addis Ababa Addis Ababa Address: Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus (EECMY); Second Floor; Room No. 210; Experience Level: Senior
Follow us on Facebook
- Admin/Clerical & Secretarial (13)
- Advertising/Media & Journalism (3)
- Agriculture (1)
- Art & Design (1)
- Automotive, Machinery & Mechanic (29)
- Banking & Insurance (38)
- Business and Administration (40)
- Business Development (1)
- Community & Social Science (10)
- Const. & Architecture (17)
- Customer Service & Support (7)
- Economics (43)
- Education & Training (5)
- Engineering (68)
- Environment & Natural Resource (2)
- Finance & Accounting (90)
- Graduates (16)
- Healthcare (18)
- Hotel & Hospitality (18)
- Human Resource (20)
- IT & Telecom (16)
- Language (2)
- Legal (2)
- Logistics & Transportation (12)
- Maintenance, Skilled Labor & Manufacturing (43)
- Management (110)
- NGO (8)
- Pharmaceutical (3)
- Program & Project Management (6)
- Research & Science (5)
- Sales & Marketing (37)
- Security (5)
- Supply Chain , Procurement & Purchasing (23)
- Travel & Tourism (1)