Senior Grant Finance Officer
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 6
- Date Posted January 13, 2021
- Deadline Date January 22, 2021
- Responsible for the management of the accounting ledger for all grants & NSP at the Country Office e-financial system.
- In collaboration with the Finance Director facilitate the project audit of all grants and follow up on the implementation of findings/recommendations of the audit.
- Develop and implement systems, procedures and guidelines for effective grant funds management, tracking and data input to the system.
- Ensure that timely submission of expenditure report from Local partners and project office on timely manner.
- Ensure that the fund required for grant and NSP implementation is availed in timely manner.
- Ensure that direct cost, operations expense or ICR budgeted in the grant is recovered by Country Office timely.
- Budget and Reporting
- Contribute to the development of proposals for grants and NSP to ensure all operational shared program support costs and LOE are budgeted and participate in budget revisions and development of annual work/activity plans.
- Actively participate grant start up workshops to prepare detail budget forecast by working with program and agree on reporting and budget monitoring template/format and coding in e financial.
- Communicate donor’s requirement and grants information including coding to all stake holders.
- Accountable for timely preparing and submitting monthly, quarterly or as required by the donor report on all grant funded activities on agreed format/template.
- Accountable for timely Preparing and submitting grant & NSP BVAs on a monthly basis.
- Collaborate with program team and timely complete and submit GRF and Form 7a to Regional Grant and Contract Manager for review and endorsement.
- Accountable for preparation and submission of accurate periodic reports both for donor, IO/RO and CO management as directed by Finance Director.
- Accountable for document, file and secure all grant related documents report for future references in hard and soft copy.
- Liaison with program team to reconcile the grant financial report against program’s narrative report before report is sent to donor.
III. Monitoring, Technical Support and capacity building
- Ensure compliance with local regulations and donor requirements, conduct risk assessments, and ensure compliance with ChildFund’s financial policies and regulations.
- Monitor and enforce compliance of financial procedures and policies of all grant funded activities. Maintain strong internal processes, reporting and controls systems in order to provide timely, consistent and accurate financial information.
- With the direction of Finance Director, follow up and provide adequate responses to donor’s queries on financial issues.
- Review the financial performance of all grant funded projects and submit monthly financial reports and cash transfer requests to the Finance Director for final endorsement.
- Verify and validate financial documents and reports on all grant and NSP funded activities from Local Partners and assuring compliance with donors and ChildFund’s financial policies and procedures.
- Lead the technical support to the Local partners in grant and NSP financial management related issues.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation visit of the Country Office and verify that grant and NSP are implemented as per the plan and provide on field guidance.
- Ascertain that matching/cost sharing should proportionately spend resources as per the agreement and eventually fulfill all the requirements during the project life; documented, verifiable to records and substantiate the cost share spending so as to make auditable.
- Responsible to manage, train and develop local partner, and grant finance staffs on Grant Management and budget administration.
- Lead budgeting and grants management unit and provide appropriate supervision to grants management team.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance.
- Six to eight years of demonstrated experience providing Grant financial management for large donor-funded programs.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of internal financial controls and procedures.
- Knowledge of USG, EU, UN etc. grant reporting requirements and rules and regulations.
- Experience managing sub-grantees and prior experience working with community-based organizations to build capacity, improve the quality of services and empower local ownership of program activities through technical assistance.
- Experience liaising with key stakeholders at the Country and sub-Country level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and ability to manage high-level relationships.
- CPA or ACCA is a plus.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, with limited direct supervision.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness by modeling ChildFund values and ethical standards;
- Demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Place of work: Addis Ababa, with frequent field travel to ChildFund’s operational areas
How to Apply
Qualified Interested applicants are encouraged to apply only through the below ChildFund link. Deadline for application is January 22, 2021.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
Ethiopian Construction Design & Supervision Works Corporation Contract Addis Ababa Next to Nifas Silk TVET College Experience Level: Senior
Follow us on Facebook
- Admin/Clerical & Secretarial (22)
- Advertising/Media & Journalism (7)
- Agriculture (8)
- Automotive, Machinery & Mechanic (87)
- Banking & Insurance (30)
- Business and Administration (37)
- Business Development (3)
- Community & Social Science (14)
- Const. & Architecture (74)
- Consulting (2)
- Customer Service & Support (7)
- Economics (27)
- Education & Training (13)
- Engineering (151)
- Environment & Natural Resource (5)
- Finance & Accounting (82)
- Graduates (43)
- Healthcare (11)
- Hotel & Hospitality (8)
- Human Resource (17)
- IT & Telecom (20)
- Language (1)
- Legal (11)
- Logistics & Transportation (46)
- Maintenance, Skilled Labor & Manufacturing (135)
- Management (150)
- NGO (22)
- Pharmaceutical (3)
- Program & Project Management (15)
- Research & Science (3)
- Sales & Marketing (32)
- Security (6)
- Supply Chain , Procurement & Purchasing (32)
- Travel & Tourism (2)