Compliance/ Safe Guard Advisor 1 application
Ethiopian Investment Commission, Economic Opportunities Program Address: Bole Road around Olympia,Program Director or Procurement Specialist, 4th floor, Room No. 405 Contract Community & Social Science - Consulting - Management
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Date Posted June 9, 2019
The main objective of hiring a Compliance/ Safe Guard Advisor is to provide technical and Operational support on Environmental and Social (E&S) aspects of the Jobs Compact – Ethiopia Economic Opportunities Program. The Compliance/ Safe Guard Advisor supervise environmental and social aspects of the program operations; identifying potential social and environmental issues requiring attention; and supervise implementation and reporting at all GoE implementing institutions. He/ She shall be accountable to the PCU Director.
Roles and responsibility of the Compliance/ Safe Guard advisor includes but not limited to the following:
- Oversee the current and proposed legal framework and the institutional mandate of relevant Ministries (ARRA, EIC, IPDC and MOLSA), what laws and regulations exist that directly impact the environmental aspects of local communities and its compliance with UIIDP guidelines and host GoE regulations.
- Support the establishment of environmental and social risk management system that addresses respective risk.
- Oversee ARRA, EIC, IPDC and MOLSA, and ensure each have sufficient and qualified staff to develop and implement the E&S system.
- Ensure ARRA’s local facilitation and support branches are established and functional for all refugee hosting communities.
- Facilitate the establishment of NRCs (Neighborhood Relations Committee) for all refuges hosting communities.
- Ensure provision of community (consultation) led by ARRA in refugee hosting communities
- Facilitate annual community intervention and implementation.
- Ensure Functional refugee tracking system is established.
- Provide Training to relevant ministries on management of E&S system in operations and provide consistent refresher sessions.
- Ensure E&S audit on project activities conducted (including involved industrial parks) with a specific corrective action plan.
- Lead adaptation and adoption of pilot lessons learned document by ARRA and the EIC, including a respective action plans.
- Write quarterly and annual environmental and social safeguards compliance reports to the Bank and EIC.
- Conduct periodic E&S compliance monitoring and propose remedial measures for any outstanding environmental and social safeguards issues.
- Follow up the status of implementation of remedial actions which may be proposed during compliance monitoring in order to address outstanding safeguards issues, if any.
- Lead Audit of the E&S system and implementation of corrective actions addressing audit.
- Support and perform other duties in line with Compliance/ Safe Guarding.
- Masters degree in social or environmental science or a closely related field.
- 8 years of relevant experience in Environment and Social Safeguards/Risk Management and policy development and implementation.
- Proven track record of supporting, advising and collaborating with government institutions / project offices in developing environmental and social safeguards, climate change and sustainable development.
- Proven experience and knowledge in safeguard principles, climate change, environmental and social impact assessment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in implementing World Bank or other international donors-funded programs and worked in any government entities
- Good planning and organizational skill.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure; flexibility in handling a number of concurrent assignments, including project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal/external partners in a multicultural environment.
- Fluency in English and Amharic languages, knowledge of additional local languages is an advantage.
The following two technical evaluation criteria will be followed to select the right individual consultant:
- Qualification (40%). This criterion is further divided into two:
- Educational Status (15%).
- Years of experience (25%).
- Years of Experience (50%). This criterion is further divided into two:
- General Experience (10%).
- Relevant Experience (40%).
- Specific Experience related to the assignment in the World Bank projects 10%
How To Apply
- The Individuals should give information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, Relevant Testimonies, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.).
- The attention of the Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 of Procurement in Investment Project Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services of July 1, 2016 revised November 2017, setting forth in the World Bank IBRD-IDA Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual consultant (IC) Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Consultant Guidelines.
- Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8.30-12:00 AM and 2:00- 5:00 PM local time from Monday to Thursday and from 8.30-11:30 AM and 2:00- 5:00 PM local time on Fridays.
- Application/ Expression of Interest along with necessary Documentary Evidences can be sent through the e-mail: [email protected] or can be delivered to the address below marked “Expression of Interest for the recruitment of “M&E Specialist”, Procurement Package Reference No.: ET-EIC-93469-CS-INDV on or before 24 June 2019 up to 4:30 P.M local time.
Ethiopian Investment Commission, Jobs Compact- Economic Opportunities Program,
Bole Road around Olympia.
Attn: Program Director or Procurement Specialist, 4th floor, Room No. 405
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- This job has expired!
Follow us on Facebook
- Admin/Clerical & Secretarial (2)
- Advertising/Media & Journalism (1)
- Agriculture (1)
- Automotive, Machinery & Mechanic (21)
- Banking & Insurance (1)
- Business and Administration (5)
- Community & Social Science (2)
- Const. & Architecture (10)
- Education & Tranning (1)
- Engineering (33)
- Finance & Accounting (15)
- Graduates (2)
- Healthcare (1)
- Human Resource (2)
- IT & Telecom (4)
- Logistics & Transportation (6)
- Maintenance, Skilled Labor & Manufacturing (14)
- Management (33)
- NGO (2)
- Program & Project Management (3)
- Research & Science (2)
- Sales & Marketing (3)
- Security (1)
- Supply Chain , Procurement & Purchasing (12)
- Travel & Tourism (1)