Monitoring and Evaluation Expert 163 views
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Date Posted July 14, 2019
- Deadline Date July 23, 2019
Under the direct supervision of the HIV program team leader and disease prevention and control directorate director, the M&E coordinator directs and coordinates the HIV program service M & E activities at FMOH.
The expert is responsible for ensuring information generation, dissemination, and use at national level and regional level through strengthening monitoring and evaluation system and supporting regions and sub-regional levels. Over all the incumbent play an active role in developing and implementing a monitoring and evaluation activities including analyzing data, writing periodic M&E reports, designing data recording and reporting tools, and contributing in national studies.
The M&E expert is responsible for the following specific activities:-
- Developing M&E related guidelines, manuals and M&E framework documents;
- Organizing capacity building M&E related training based on the gap assessments;
- Organizing joint planning and review meetings, supportive supervisions and data quality assessments;
- Coordinating M&E systems, including reporting and oversight, data quality assurance, data storage, and data access
- Providing technical support to regions to produce timely reports;
- Collecting, compiling, analyzing and disseminating performance reports;
- Participating in program evaluation and other HIV/AIDS related studies;
- Providing technical assistance to Regions in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the HIV/AIDS program;
- Developing performance indicators and tools for HIV care and treatment services;
- Closely works with PPD to strengthen quality, interpretation and utilization of HIV program data.
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- MD with MSc in M&E and five years relevant work experience; OR BSc with MSc in
- M & E with 7 years work experience in health Informatics or related field
- Four or more years of direct experience on monitoring and evaluation on HIV program at various levels, preferably at regional and national level.
- Experience in implementing nationally and globally M&E in HIV care and treatment strategies at regional and national levels.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS program capacity building (such as, facilitation skill, training, supportive supervision, mentoring, coaching).
- Preferable work experience working as a member of HIV Technical working groups.
- Experience in development of national documents related to monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS Programs
- Demonstrated capacity in supporting region, zone and Woreda health offices and health facility staff in monitoring and evaluation of HIV program and services.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective result-based working relationship with staff at national and regional levels and partner organizations.
- Computer literacy: Routine use MS-office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and internet and email systems required.
- Ability to use additional statistical analysis packages SPSS, Epi- Info.
- Required number : One
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application indicating for which duty station they are applying for, non-returnable CVs and copies of all documents together with original documents to FDRE Ministry of Health Human Resource Administration Directorate with in 10 consecutive days. P.O.Box 1234 Tel: 0115515425 Block 1 First Floor.
HR Administration Directorate
Ethiopian Federal Democratic Republic,
Ministry of Health