National Communication Consultant 532 views4 applications
- Salary Offer As per Company Scale
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5
- Date Posted October 6, 2019
- Deadline Date October 31, 2019
The Communication Consultant will be responsible for development and implementation of an integrated strategy to communicate the projects’ objectives and achievements with project partners, donor and key stakeholders; coordinate and ensure consistent messaging across various channels of public communication including social networks;. He/she will also undertake the following tasks:
- In close consultation with the CTA and relevant project staff, implement an effective communication and advocacy strategy for the project “Addressing the Root Causes of Migration in Ethiopia” in line with the donor’s communication and visibility guidelines.
- Develop and implement the project’s social media strategy, including development of content (in English and Amharic); curating of related content; and actively expand the network of followers;
- Take a lead on media and press engagement, including organization of press conferences, liaising with media and handling of requests for interviews, drafting of press releases and statements.
- Oversee the regular updates of content on the web portal of the Country Office.
- Develop and expand ideas regarding visibility efforts, including compilation of a photo library, audio-visual content, drafting information materials such as fact sheets, project flyers, brochures, feature articles, and other relevant audio-visual material.
- Guide the production of publications, newsletter, flyers, case studies, print and online, and audio-visual products as per project requirements.
- Organise communication plan with regard to the organization of project events such as job fair, product launches, promotion of publications/researches, celebration of international days etc.
- Other tasks as requested by the Project Chief Technical Advisor.
- First level University Degree in Communications, ICT, Journalism or Public Relations. Completed Master’s Degree will be considered an advantage.
- Bilingual proficiency and excellent command of English and Amharic. Demonstrated English and Amharic writing skills.
- At least 5 years of demonstrateable experience of working in the field of development communication.
- Ability to plan and implement digital media and branding strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of print, audio-visual and online processes.
- In-depth awareness and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Amharic.
- Communicates sensitively, effectively and creatively across different constituencies.
- Focus on impact and results.
- Prior experience of working with United Nations, multilateral and/or bilateral aid agencies.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should submit their technical and financial proposals to [email protected] or in hard copy to the ILO-CO Addis Ababa registry.
- The shortlisted candidates will be expected to share their portfolio of work and/or products developed in his/her capacity as a communication expert and appear for an interview.
- Deadline for submitting applications: 31 October 2019.
Get-As International PLC Get-As International PLC Full Time Get-As International PLC Addis Ababa Addis Ababa Address: Get-As International Plc, 2nd floor, Arada Sub-City Woreda 1, located around commercial printing press or opposite to the entrance of ministry of Science and Technology Experience Level: Senior
- Admin/Clerical & Secretarial (33)
- Advertizing/Media & Journalism (6)
- Agriculture (15)
- Art & Design (2)
- Automotive, Machinery & Mechanic (86)
- Banking (58)
- Business and Administration (62)
- Business Devlopment (6)
- Community & Social Science (21)
- Const. & Architecture (60)
- Consulting (6)
- Customer Service & Support (25)
- Economics (52)
- Education & Tranning (33)
- Engineering (150)
- Finance & Accounting (164)
- Graduates (71)
- Healthcare (20)
- Hotel & Hospitality (31)
- Human Resource (37)
- IT & Telecom (61)
- Language (4)
- Legal (9)
- Logistics& Transportation (46)
- Maintenance, Skilled Labor & Manufacturing (137)
- Management (202)
- NGO (36)
- Program & Project Management (13)
- Research & Science (6)
- Sales & Marketing (58)
- Security (8)
- Supply Chain , Procurement & Purchasing (45)
- Travel & Tourism (1)