Program Senior Accountant 179 views3 applications
- Salary Offer As per Company Scale
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 2
- Date Posted July 10, 2019
- Deadline Date July 16, 2019
The incumbent is responsible for Preparing Payments, maintaining Expenditures and Accounts. He/she works to ensure timely, accurate and useful financial information per EECMY DASSC financial policy and donor requirements. He/she is responsible to ensure Bank reconciliation, preparation and compiling of monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, annual financial report and follow up daily Petty cash count balance and other assignments related to programs.
Minimum Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least 2 years of computer based accounting experience or equivalent experience in managing grants, specifically relevant NGOs experiences. This should include processing complex financial transactions, ensuring compliance with legal or contractual requirements, record keeping and preparation of monthly, quarterly and/ or annual reporting.
- EECMY DASSC accounting experience is an added advantage;
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and self-direct, analyse situations, identify situations where appropriate to make decisions
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations related to area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of fund accounting/IPSAS.
- Skill in researching, analysing and evaluating complex financial data.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to provide a high level of customer service and establish and maintain effective interdepartmental communications and relationships.
- Proficiency in various computer applications including comprehensive databases, background of Navision financials and the new MS Nav-Dynamics, spreadsheets and word processing software.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their application letter, CV and their credentials at, EECMY DASSC Head Office HR (around 5-kilo AAU Campus) in person, Tel. 011-155-2001/0910-921361, or through P.o.box 81064 or through e-mail: [email protected] and [email protected]
Closing Date: 7 (seven) consecutive days from date of