Capacity Development Associate III 174 views
- Salary Offer 10-000-br-20-000-br
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 1-5
- Date Posted June 9, 2019
The Capacity Development Associate, based in Addis Ababa, will be responsible for assisting the planning and implementation of capacity development activities in the Impact at Scale program. He/she will be responsible for providing assistance in the planning, implementation and documentation of training activities, workshops, and community engagement activities. With minimal supervision, the job holder provides administrative, logistical and documentation assistance in the delivery of capacity development and knowledge sharing activities.
- Contribute to development of training materials, extension communication materials and content creation for digital agricultural services.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and documentation of different training programs, meetings or workshops
- Develop training materials and tools based on the guidance provided by his/her supervisor.
- Provide logistical and documentation supports during various training programs, workshops and community engagement events.
- Assist in the preparation of specific training and workshop budgets
- Provide support to prepare meeting reports or other relevant documents.
- Develop and maintain electronic record keeping and database of capacity development outputs
- Contribute to development of blog stories, case studies or briefs showcasing impact of capacity development activities
- Ensure proper planning and administration of logistical aspects and communication related to capacity development activities.
- Maintain liaison and communication with different stakeholders for successful implementation and follow-up of capacity development plans and activities.
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside the CGIAR
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas and acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- A minimum of B.Sc degree in Extension, Rural Development, Education or related fields. M.Sc in relevant fields is preferred.
- Team player, self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve and meet agreed deadlines
- Understanding of capacity development and adult-learning principles
- Ability to multitask under tight deadlines
- Ability to think quickly and improvise when necessary
- Creative self-starter with an ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team to deliver results
- Focuses on results for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Excellent communication skills in English, including the ability to prepare high quality written outputs.
- At least two years of relevant experience in capacity development, agricultural extension, rural development or agricultural innovations
- Proven experience of designing and delivering quality training and learning and knowledge sharing activities.
- Familiarity with instructional design and adult-learning principles.
- Experience in mobile learning and creation of online learning and sharing platforms.
- Familiarity with e-learning and social media tools
- Strong computer skills with a knowledge of many office software packages including skills in Excel, publisher, designing infographics, visualization and illustration
- Proven experience and ability to work well with partners.
- Job Grade: HG12
How To Apply
Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: CDA/23/19 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal:http://ilri.simplicant.com by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 20 June 2019. To find out more about ILRI visit our website at https://www.ilri.org. Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.