Country Director 3 applications
- Salary Offer As per Company Scale
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Date Posted May 22, 2019
- Oversee country office programming to ensure the effective and efficient delivery and implementation of projects and are in line with the organization and donors’ standards for program quality.
- Supervise Project Managers charged with the day-to-day execution of the program; undertake the timely deployment of financial and human resources for program success and attainment of desired results/indicators. Ensure that all project deliverables are met in a high quality, cost effective and timely fashion.
- Ensure that proper program monitoring and evaluation systems are in place.
- Promote a learning environment within the country office that facilitates two-way learning with various stakeholders. Facilitate and/or participate in learning communities and task forces.
- Document and disseminate methodologies and results that can inform the wider organizational community (such as evaluation documents, consultant reports, workshop reports, etc.). Share and promote these resources through a variety of means (including e-mail, brown bags, the Intranet, etc.).
- Make periodic visits to field sites, to monitor the status of projects.
- Liaise directly with donors to ensure continued alignment and responsiveness.
- Participate in strategic planning processes.
- Lead the preparation and implementation of a high-quality country-office strategic plan appropriate for the local and regional context, complementary to government & donor development plans and in line with the organization’s overall vision and mission. Develop the plan in an inclusive and participatory process.
- Ensure that the organization continues to develop and strengthen programs based on strategic analysis of the local country context.
- Ensure understanding of strategic plan and approaches by all staff and key stakeholders.
- Coordinate in-country marketing and promotion of the organization. Ensure strategic growth for the organization in line with strategic plan and/or theory of change.
Networking, Alliance Building and Collaboration:
- Ensure strong cooperation and collaboration with partners, donors, government, and other key stakeholders as a base for building/maintaining/expanding a sustainable country and regional program.
- Coordinate and collaborate with head office and the organization’s regional staff.
- Contribute strategically, through participation, in relevant, existing forums in building a vibrant civil society sector and influencing policy.
- Maintain and expand senior external relations with government, private sector community, civil society, and international stakeholders.
- Represent country office operations to the organization’s head office.
- Assure smooth flow of information from head office to staff and vice versa.
- Generate financially viable program pipeline in line with the organization’s strategy and assist in identifying and securing funding for those programs.
- Involve relevant Country office and head office programs, grants, management and other staff in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities.
- Provide in-country leadership as well as collaborate with head office in pursuing new business opportunities and partnerships with bilateral donors, multilateral donors, foundations, private sector, and others.
Finance, Administration, Grants and IT:
- Provide oversight for all administrative and financial operations to support the programs.
- Consistently monitor the country office’s financial position and ensure the best use of available resources. This includes overseeing the development and review of country office annual budget and project budgets, oversight of financial transactions and reports, maximizing cost recovery from restricted grants.
- Maintain up to date understanding and adherence to the organization’s policies and procedures amongst all country office staff.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place to protect the country office’s financial and non-monetary assets and to ensure the resources are used in accordance with donor terms and conditions. Review and follow-up on internal and external audit recommendations.
- Ensure the country office operations are conducted in accordance with all statutory and tax requirements.
- Oversee an efficient, transparent grant making process under the program; assure timely and high-quality monitoring of and reporting by sub grantees.
- In coordination with head office, negotiate contracts, grants, cooperative agreements and their modifications or extensions
- Oversee the work of the implementing partners and monitor for compliance with sub agreements or subcontracts.
- In cooperation with human resources department, oversee the management and development of country office human resources to ensure a diverse, skilled and productive workforce and promote an organizational culture where the organization’s values are practiced.
- Provide proper supervision and management for all direct reports and oversee the establishment and functioning of a strong, effective senior leadership team. Ensure timely and quality inputs by staff and consultants.
- Ensure strong human resource strategies and systems are in place and are properly implemented in areas such as recruitment, staff development, and performance management.
- Ensure appropriate workplace policies to ensure fairness and equity are developed and used (e.g. policies related to HIV/AIDS, sexual harassment, sexual exploitation, etc.)
- In cooperation with human resources department, oversee the establishment and regular review of compensation package to ensure competitiveness.
- Actively promote staff wellness by monitoring country office organizational health and taking corrective actions as needed.
- Ensure the proper implementation of the organization’s performance management system for direct reports. This can include: proactively addressing performance issues through regular, constructive and honest feedback and coaching and identifying necessary staff development for direct reports.
- Oversee the recruitment and orientation of new senior staff.
- Support continued growth of local staff through strategic, deliberate internal capacity building
- Ensure levels of authority and responsibility are clearly defined, understood and followed within the country office.
- Invest in consistent team building to increase cohesion between staff in all geographic areas of the country.
- Lead the management of Security and Safety Administration by developing and updating a staff and asset security plan in line with the local context and in alignment with head office security guidance; keeping key staff abreast of any security issues, as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development or related field required;
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant experience.
- Fluent English language skills, both written and spoken;
- Willingness to travel within Country
How To Apply
Interested applicants fulfilling the requirements are invited to send their application letter with copies of CV and supporting documents to Admin and HR Department at Pact Ethiopia Reception, P.O.Box 13180 or via [email protected] For further information please call to. +251-661-6244/6939. Address: 22 area at the back side of Capital Hotel and Spa or next to Wehomiya Kitefo Bet.
- This job has expired!
Follow us on Facebook
- Admin/Clerical & Secretarial (17)
- Advertising/Media & Journalism (2)
- Agriculture (12)
- Automotive, Machinery & Mechanic (31)
- Banking (8)
- Business and Administration (26)
- Community & Social Science (9)
- Const. & Architecture (7)
- Consulting (2)
- Customer Service & Support (3)
- Economics (20)
- Engineering (39)
- Finance & Accounting (46)
- Graduates (8)
- Healthcare (9)
- Human Resource (15)
- Insurance (6)
- IT & Telecom (13)
- Legal (5)
- Logistics & Transportation (8)
- Maintenance, Skilled Labor & Manufacturing (29)
- Management (96)
- NGO (22)
- Pharmaceutical (1)
- Program & Project Management (11)
- Research & Science (1)
- Sales & Marketing (26)
- Security (1)
- Supply Chain , Procurement & Purchasing (24)