Senior Grant Financial Management Officer 99 views
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Date Posted July 14, 2019
- Deadline Date July 23, 2019
- The major duties of the position is to assist the Grants Financial management in maintaining the grants project’s books of accounts at federal level and support the regions and federal institutions and ensuring the standard financial operating procedures are complied with and that the books of accounts are maintained properly and supported by appropriate documents.
- Preparing payment, receipt and journal vouchers as the case may be and timely recording the transaction in the books of accounts institutions on timely manner,
- Maintain daily recording of Receipts, payments and expenditures properly in separate ledger for specific grants fund,
- Maintaining proper subsidiary ledger for advances, payables and continuously chase after the timely liquidation and clearances of outstanding accounts
- Maintain separate ledger for donor funds and implementing regions and other federal institutions and monitor liquidation status by region, by source of fund and by purpose with attention to detail micro plan.
- Maintain Statements of Accounts (SoA) and continuously updating and reconciling with the records of recipient implementing partners,
- Ensure Expenditures at all levels should comply with the financial rules and regulations of the Government of Ethiopia as per the financial management proclamation number 648/2009 and other financial management directives.
- Support Programme budget holders in monitoring variances and getting responses
- Ensure project financial audits (internal, external & donor) are planned for & properly managing all the pre-audit, during the audit and after the audit activities.
- Prepares donor reports on time and ensuring qualities for the submission of accurate and complete reporting to the MFEC and to internal users.
- Ensure that quarterly financial report for donors that includes cash balance report, a quarterly expenditure report, and an annual tax report properly and timely prepared. Both the cash balance report and quarterly expenditure report must be completed and submitted to the donor on a quarterly basis.
- Ensuring that detail accounting record of the fixed assets for each specific grant fund is kept and reconciled with the registration kept by the custodian unit.
- Follow up with reimbursement of VAT for VAT disallowed grants funds,
- Preparing budget versus actual report for program budget holders and keep them updated with budgetary and cash balance information.
- Planning, and implementing financial closure at the closure phase of donor funding by clearing of open grants payable (committed not disbursed) and advances and performing other closure activities.
- Ensure proper documentation for audit trial and document retention requirement.
- BA Degree in Accounting and Master’s Degree Accounting/financial management, MBA or ACCA certified/membership of ACCA.
- Minimum 9 years proven progressive experience in finance related positions of which a minimum of four years experience is on donor funded project accounting and reporting,
- Proven experience in working with financial management of projects funded by humanitarian donors
- Solid knowledge and understanding of financial compliance and procedures with special emphasis to USG (CDC/USAID) rules and regulations,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent skills in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Power Point );
- Peachtree Accounting package is required;
- Knowledge of IFMIS Program is a plus.
- Ability to independently organize work and prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- As new priorities emerge, the FMoH may periodically revise this TOR for this position.
- Required number : One
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application indicating for which duty station they are applying for, non-returnable CVs and copies of all documents together with original documents to FDRE Ministry of Health Human Resource Administration Directorate with in 10 consecutive days. P.O.Box 1234 Tel: 0115515425 Block 1 First Floor.
HR Administration Directorate
Ethiopian Federal Democratic Republic,
Ministry of Health